Thursday, June 12, 2008

first week of summer

I have been at the hospital every chance I have to be with mom and dad. They have been preparing us for the worst since he went in the hospital last Tuesday. However last night they were able to take Dad of the respirator!! And he really really wants to talk, but we have to tell him to concentrate on his breathing and get his throat better before he talks. I know he is not fixed but we made it through this part:) You never know what God might do. I read somewhere on someones blog about a family who could not turn the respirator off and I some what understand but I also feel that if there is no improvement that you have to let GOD do his part. God is definitely watching over us.

On another note. Hugely is not the only hospital I have spent time at this week. While washing the car, Hunter decided to ride his bike he hit the water hose and fell chin first. He now has 6 stitches. It looked terrible and he had another smiley face on his chin however he was wasn't smiling at all:( I am so thankful that my neighbor ran over to help. I usually keep myself Calm but I believe it about pushed me over the edge. Here are pictures of hunter and his bad chin. Poor baby!

Please keep praying for my dad he is not out of the woods yet. And Pray for my mom she has only left the hospital once in 8 days. She is cleaning up, eating and sleeping but she has to be exhausted.

3 comments:

danalafargue said...

Oh, Hunter, baby! That looks like it hurts! Give him a big kiss for me. And I am so glad to have good news on your dad! I will keep praying, as I know everyone else will.

Jennie said...

Poor Hunter! And poor mommy. It is always hard to see your kids upset or hurt. Hoping you can still come and visit...maybe bring your mom with you. Might be a much needed break for both of you.

Chesley said...

I keep checking in to see how your dad is doing. I am really sorry he is so sick. I am praying for you sweet friend! :)