Saturday, November 10, 2007

Single Parents

You are probably wondering what my title means, well here goes. Kevin has been out of town all week long. He left Sunday morning to go to North Carolina for training and got back on Friday morning. However, he left again Friday at 4:00 to camp with the Church Youth! I just don't see how a single parent can, work take care of their home, be with their children, and somehow take care of themselves all the time! I enjoyed the special time I had with the boy but I'm tired! We went to the park and played one day after work, had a day at McDonalds for dinner. Had my parents over to visit , had a picnic with Arby's food which is Hunters' favorite. We rode our bikes everyday. And I saw Hunter put on dozens of puppet shows. And many more fun things along with working all day. All which I can deal with and enjoy more than ever but bedtime is a killer. The boys haven't gone to bed well this week at all. Lets see we started at 8:35 and it is now 9:46. Hunter has finally stayed in bed and Rusty is now staying in bed also but he is crying!!!! We had one night at bedtime that went great and I did nothing different that night than any other night. I give them milk and we all sit and talk for 15 minutes or read a book their choice, which is usually both. And showering!!!! LOL !!! Single parent either do not shower or they do it with the help of their little ones. Big Kuddos to those single parents or parents that have spouses that travel a lot.

No comments: