Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Getting Ready for Christmas


Getting ready for Christmas this year has been better than ever before. The boys have been so excited. I told my mom back at Rusty's party about Rusty calling Santa"HoHo". At dinner after his party while waiting for our table a was holding Rusty and he started climbing up me. I had no idea what had gotten into him. After a few minutes of trying to clam him down he started saying"HoHo" is the most excited voice. When I turned around well there seemed to be Santa behind me but he was in his everyday clothes. We told them man who Rusty though he was. His wife asked my mom quietly what the boys names were and we walked up to the boys and asked if they had been good and that he was taking a break from making toys to check up on some boys and girls. Hunter had no clue whatsoever. To him Santa is the man in the red suit. But Rusty was extremely convinced. While we were eating that night he would shrug and ask where Santa Hoho was. Then Hunter started catching on as well. So he tells everyone we ate dinner with Santa and that Santa eats too. You would have thought the big belly would have given that away a long time ago:) Below is a picture of Rusty just in Aww of a plain tree!


Then came the Christmas tree. Hunter about drove us crazy after that day about putting the tree up. He just could not wait! So out came the tree. When we put the stand out and the shirt Rusty was so excited. he sat on it and petted it forever and all he could say was "WOW!" I did get the camera out and capture some of the moment. As the tree went up he just Kept saying WOW! I was just overjoyed by his excitement. A plain tree was just perfect for him and by that point we decided to wait to decorate until the next night. Hunter was devastated. He wanted to finish it but it was late so we had to wait. Here is Rusty placing his ornament.


When we did decorate it was so neat to see Hunter light up. He wanted each one of the ornament to look perfect, which meant to hang them all from the very bottom and we let him:) Then he started moving his pieces up. he loved when he got picked up to put them up high. He would comment on how each and everyone was so beautiful. Here is my big boy Hunter making the tree look beautiful.


I am so thankful for my little boys. They are truly a gift. Every moments is so precious and everlasting. After a hard last few weeks with making difficult decisions with childcare stuff, I have become 100 times closer to my boys, Kevin, and God! Everything happens for a reason. The boys will be starting a Preschool program at KinderCare on the 31st. They are so excited and so are we. We drive by everyday to see their"school" and the argue over who it belongs to. Which makes it so much easier. It will also make next year much easier also. With Hunter starting kindergarten next year I would like to be able to take him in the mornings and now I can because Rusty will be at the day care right around the corner. For now the boys are home with me for the Christmas Break. Today was the first day home with them and we had a blast. We went and bough Daddy's(Kevin) Christmas present which was so much fun. The we went to McDonalds and they were just awesome. And tonight we went to visit Santa. I can't wait for them to wake up tomorrow and to have another fun filled day. I'll work on posting Santa pictures tomorrow:)

1 comment:

Mommy to 6 LITTLE People said...

That is awesome. Your boys are so very cute. I am glad your are having such a great time with them. you are a super mom and best friend. I love you and your family. Have a fun filled day with your guys.