Thursday, August 28, 2008

Meggie

Today through the group messages at work I got this email:

This is our dog Nutmeg. (We call her Meggie.) She is a 10-yr old,
very playful, very sweet female chocolate labrador. We have tried for
a year to give her a good home here in Wylie but do not have a yard
big enough for her. We tried bringing her inside, but Ainsley cannot
tolerate it with her allergies. We have tried unsuccessfully all
summer to find her a new home. We are completely heartbroken to do
this, but she will be going to the shelter next week. We have prayed
with our girls nightly and cried many tears together hoping someone
would like to have her as a part of their family. The vet has told us
she has no health problems and would likely live another 5-7 years.
The no-kill shelters are full and the shelter here in Wylie will only
keep her a few days before she is euthanized because she is an older
dog. If you or anyone you know would like to have her, please let us
know. She is housebroken, spayed, AKC registered and has had all her
immunizations. She's wonderful with children and her only behavior
issue is her fear of thunder and rain. (She likes to be inside the
garage or house when it is rainy.) We'd be willing to pay the cost of
her first year of food and regular vet care to anyone who'd give her a
good home.

Attached was also this picture

I could not help it I feel in love with her! And I could not stand the thought of her being put down. So I called Kevin and he asked what I was waiting for and that I was wasting time. SOOOOOOO I emailed her and tonight I talked to her owner who is truely heart broken and we should have a new family member hopefully this weekend. From talking to Stephanie her owner now she seems pretty much like my Sandy. Her girls are very sad about Meggie having to leave. The boys do not know yet and it is going to stay that way until she is actually ours. I can't wait to see how Meggie and our other dogs react with each other.

No comments: